9.1 AWX / Ascender / AAP Installation
Get yourself familiar with the installation options for AWX, Ascender and AAP
- Have a look at the different installation documentations
- What is one of the advantages when installing Ascender?
- What is one of the advantages when installing AAP?
Solution Task 1
An advantage of Ascender is the handy install script ascender-install. Another advantage is, that everything is available even without a valid subscription for Ascender.
An advantage of AAP is the availability of an rpm based installation. The downside is, that those rpm’s are only available when you have a valid AAP subscription and you are logged in the Red Hat customer backend.
- Now, we want to install Ascender locally using k3s. The ascender-install repository from Github is checked out to the folder
/home/ansible/ascender-installon your ascender server.
- Which file contains the configuration parameters for your installation?
Solution Task 2
See that the file was already prepared with the information for your lab servers.
- Run the installation. This may take some time.
Solution Task 3
- Log in to Ascender using the username and password provided by the teacher.
- In which file are the credentials defined?
Solution Task 4